The Spanish Tapas Experience Holiday Special: Make Tapas with Enrique
Join Barcelona local Enrique as he shows you how to create three delicious Spanish tapas: patatas bravas, gambas al ajillo (spicy garlic and chilli prawns) and a total winter warmer–stir-fried chickpeas with paprika.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Barcelona and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Enrique, a Spaniard/Italian who is passionate about all things food and wine.
- Learn how to cook three delicious winter tapas, patatas bravas,gambas al ajillo (garlic and chilli prawns) and delicious sauteed chickpeas with paprika, some of which are recipes from our soon to be released Spanish Feasts from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook.
- Hear the stories behind the ingredients and dishes to help you understand Spain’s rich cuisine even better.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Enrique at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Holiday Bundle a selection of three Spanish foodie experiences with a holiday and festive twist, between November 1 to January 2, plus a FREE €25 gift voucher valid for any of our tours.
Watch Tour Video
We thoroughly enjoyed the live webinar experience with Enrique, on preparing Sangria and Tapas! We laughed, we learned, and we are excited to make the recipes. It was really fun to see the variety of individuals and families participating, some were actually cooking along with host, whiles others like us were enjoying a glass of wine and taking notes – all from the comfort of our homes. A year ago we thoroughly enjoyed a live Devour Tour in Sevilla, and so I’m incredibly impressed that Devour has been able to recreate the fun and learning and magic of the tour experience, including the small group interaction and also the fantastically knowledgeable passionate local hosts. We are already looking at the schedule to book the next one! Highly recommend. A great way to “escape” your living room and have a taste another country/culture during this unforeseen time. Cheers to Devour!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Tapas are a cornerstone of Spanish food culture, and now you can bring them to the comfort of your own home! Join Barcelona local Enrique as he guides you through the tips and tricks of making perfect Spanish tapas, no matter where you are in the world. For November, Enrique will be mixing things up and focusing on some delicious winter warmers– tapas that are the perfect choices when the weather gets cooler and the festive season, including recipes from our soon to be released holiday feast cookbook!
On the menu is patatas bravas (fried potatoes with a delicious, homemade spicy sauce), gambas al ajillo (garlic and chilli prawns, or mushrooms if you prefer a vegetarian option) and garbanzos salteados con pimentón (a total winter warmer–stir-fried chickpeas with paprika), all of which are delicious, simple and fun to make. They use easily sourced ingredients and are sure to be a hit with everyone from kids to the guests at your holiday dinner parties. And of course, you’ll also learn how to make sangria—the perfect accompaniment! Not only will you learn how to cook all these delicious dishes from scratch, but you’ll also learn about the history, legends and fun facts behind each wonderful recipe, making you feel like you were really here with us in Spain.
About Our Expert Guides
Enrique is a half-Italian, half-Spanish art historian with a Catalan family. He was raised in the kitchens of his two grandmothers and his passions are food (Italian and Spanish!), wine and art. When he is not out on tour in Barcelona or giving cooking classes from his home kitchen, he goes fishing off the Barcelona coast so he can enjoy the freshest fish and seafood you can imagine.Meet them here!