The Spanish Rice Experience Vegetarian Special: Make Vegetarian Arroz Meloso With Arantxa
Join Madrid local Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and passionate home cook, who will show you the secrets to cooking a delicious vegetarian version of arroz meloso (rice cooked in broth), perfect for winter or simply when you feel like a different kind of Spanish rice!
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Madrid and spend 1.5 hours with Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef who is passionate about Spain’s local cuisine.
- Learn how to cook arroz meloso a different version of Spanish rice, cooked in broth with seasonal wild mushrooms, asparagus and Spanish cheese–a total crowd pleaser that the whole family will enjoy
- Learn the do’s and don’ts in the world of Spanish cooking so you can cook better at home (or eat better on your next trip to Spain!)
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Arantxa at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
Watch Tour Video
Devour tours are almost as good on-line as they are in person. We learned to prepare a delicious seafood paella and cooked along with Arantxa with our pre-purchased ingredients and prep work (which was sent when we booked, and was clear and easy to understand). The connection was flawless along with her explanation and history of paella and the demonstration. The classes are booked as small groups, so there is ample opportunity for questions and interaction. We’re booking more classes. At only 20 euro per “screen” it is an excellent value for an hour-long fun and informative class, and a good alternative until we can book one in person again!
Excellent online experience learning how to make paella with a professional chef. Platform was easy to follow and it was fun!
Loved the Spanish paella with Aranxta! Family was raving about how tasty it was!!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Spain might be famous for its delicious Iberian ham and endless fresh seafood, but we have a long list of delicious vegetarian dishes, too! Join Arantxa, a Madrid local who is passionate about all things Spanish cooking and cuisine and learn how to arroz meloso, a delicious version of Spanish rice, cooked in broth with seasonal wild mushrooms, asparagus and Spanish cheese! This is a sure crowd-pleaser that both kids and adults alike will love.
Learning how to make local dishes with a professional chef is just part of your Spanish cooking journey. You’ll also get to take in Arantxa’s cooking tips and tricks, and hear the stories about the dish and Spanish cuisine, and get an insight into her life in Madrid! And at the end, you’ll have mastered a fantastic vegetarian and easy to cook Spanish rice dish that is perfect for eating with friends and family on a cool winter’s evening.
About Our Expert Guides
Born & raised in Madrid, Arantxa is a professional chef trained at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She loves exploring the markets of Madrid, and cooking delicious meals. An experienced cooking school teacher, her recipes have traveled the world thanks to her students from all over the globe!Meet them here!