The Spanish Cooking Experience Holiday Special: Make A Festive Dish With Arantxa
Madrid local Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and passionate home cook, who will show you the secrets to cooking pollo en pepitoria (chicken in almond sauce) a delicious local dish, perfect for winter and the holiday season.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Madrid and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef who is passionate about Spain’s local cuisine.
- Learn how to cook pollo en pepitoria (chicken in almond sauce), a recipe from our upcoming holiday feasts cookbook, following Arantxa’s special recipe which has Royal connections!
- Learn the do’s and don’ts in the world of Spanish cooking so you can cook better at home (or eat better on your next trip to Spain!)
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Arantxa at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Holiday Bundle a selection of three Spanish foodie experiences with a holiday and festive twist, between November 1 to January 2, plus a FREE €25 gift voucher valid for any of our tours.
Watch Tour Video
Devour tours are almost as good on-line as they are in person. We learned to prepare a delicious seafood paella and cooked along with Arantxa with our pre-purchased ingredients and prep work (which was sent when we booked, and was clear and easy to understand). The connection was flawless along with her explanation and history of paella and the demonstration. The classes are booked as small groups, so there is ample opportunity for questions and interaction. We’re booking more classes. At only 20 euro per “screen” it is an excellent value for an hour-long fun and informative class, and a good alternative until we can book one in person again!
Excellent online experience learning how to make paella with a professional chef. Platform was easy to follow and it was fun!
Loved the Spanish paella with Aranxta! Family was raving about how tasty it was!!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Spain might be famous for its long, dreamy summers and the food to go with it, but we also have delicious winter dishes, too! Join Arantxa, a Madrid local who is passionate about all things Spanish cooking and cuisine and learn how to make one of the dishes from our soon to be released holiday feasts cookbook, pollo en pepitoria (chicken in pepitoria sauce), following her special recipe which even has Royal connections! This is a sure crowd-pleaser that both kids and adults alike will love.
Learning how to make local dishes with a professional chef is just part of your Spanish cooking journey. You’ll also get to take in Arantxa’s cooking tips and tricks, and hear the stories behind the world’s most expensive spice and why it makes your cooking special. And at the end, you’ll have mastered a fantastic and easy to cook recipe that is perfect for eating with the kids on a cool winter’s evening or sharing with family and friends during a festive feast.
About Our Expert Guides
Born & raised in Madrid, Arantxa is a professional chef trained at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She loves exploring the markets of Madrid, and cooking delicious meals. An experienced cooking school teacher, her recipes have traveled the world thanks to her students from all over the globe!Meet them here!