At Devour Tours our mission is to give curious visitors to Spain a true taste of this country’s culture, history and – importantly – food! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission, passionate about sharing your knowledge for Spain and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
And we’re always looking for fun, smart and sassy people to guide our food tours! So if you’d like to work with us as a guide, head to the website of the city you’re in (head back to the homepage for links to all the cities we offer tours) and on each city’s page you’ll find a “Work With Us” link in the footer.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions
– Madrid Operations Manager
Madrid Operations Manager
We’re looking for a passionate professional to lead our Madrid team.
– Love people, food, and Madrid
– Care about the impact tourism has on the local environment
– Have eaten a bocadillo de calamares in the Plaza Mayor, experienced Madrid’s summer barrio fiestas, indulged in a cocido-induced siesta (extra points for all three!)
– Are an excellent communicator
– Believe in ethical and sustainable tourism
– Partner with family-run establishments
– Work hard and go above and beyond for our guests
– Value attitude and passion over experience, and invest in professional development for our team
Status: Now hiring to start in May 2018 (full-time)
The Madrid Operations Manager is responsible for the leadership of our team of tour guides and the relationship with our Madrid tour partners (restaurants, tapas bars, wineries, etc.). The role will report to the Spain Operations Director.
– Guide Health: Ensure that your guide team is highly engaged and motivated to deliver exceptional experiences to our guests. Keep them updated about tour changes and developments, ensuring the team has the resources, support and knowledge to achieve their goals. Set targets for their performance and satisfaction.
– Partner Health: Ensure our partners are delighting our guests and that they are satisfied with our relationship.
– Recruiting & Training: Recruit, train, and inspire a team of passionate freelance guides.
– Budgeting: Track and control tour budgets and process monthly invoices from guides and partners.
– Marketing: Work with the Marketing and Sales teams to build strong strategic relationships in the local community.
– Tour Design: Work with the Product Director to troubleshoot any issues on existing tours and assist in building new tours.
What we offer:
A full-time contract based in Madrid. Competitive pay, bonus structure, and benefits and the opportunity to join a growing company and develop your career in one of Spain’s most exciting industries.
How to apply:
Please apply for this position via Infojobs by following this link.