At At Devour Tours our mission is to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team. If you’re excited by our mission and would love to work for a leading company in the fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Our Core Values
These are the pillars that guide our actions and company culture. If you align with them, we’d love to meet you!
Be curious, keep learning: We are curious and open-minded people.
Make the right choice: We think sustainably and act responsibly.
Go above & beyond: We delight our devourers, partners and peers.
Live with passion & purpose: We live passionately and explore our dreams.
Get involved: We build communities.
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
Location: Remote (Europe-wide)
Do you love people, food, and travel? Are you the one who organizes your trips abroad—usually around the best places to eat? Devour Tours is an award-winning food tour company whose mission is to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We are growing quickly and we are looking for an ambitious and passionate person to join our Expansion team to fuel our growth in 2020 and beyond.
We are looking for someone to join our Expansion team, the team that drives the design and release of our award-winning food tours, as a Product Specialist. This is a dynamic role where the successful candidate will support the team through growth in Europe, by driving the launch of new products in both new and existing locations throughout the continent.
If you are looking for a job that doesn’t keep you chained to your desk all year round where you can drive important projects and truly make a difference, and you love food, authentic travel experiences, and are equally happy running around hustling “on the ground” as you are getting stuck into spreadsheets, then this could be your dream job!
Here’s some of what you’ll do:
- – Identify, research, and analyze opportunities for new Devour Tours locations, as well as new and innovative products in existing locations—a big part of this role is planning out the launch of new Devour cities.
- – Identify the product strategy in chosen locations for launch—you will be responsible for coming up with tour concepts that are a fit for the destination, and are also what our customers are looking for!
- – Work closely and communicate effectively with other departments—Customer Service, Marketing, Sales—to ensure the smooth and effective launch of new products.
- – Drive the expansion and launch in new locations, both from remote as well as on the ground—you will be working closely with the local Operations team in our locations to launch our new products.
- – Travel to our locations as required to drive launches—this job requires 6-8 weeks of travel per year, including some weekends, driven by company requirements. You need to be comfortable being away from home and working from anywhere!
- – Manage and hold accountability for our newly launched locations until the launch phase is complete, including leadership, and ensuring that the launch goals are achieved.
- – Train new Operations staff on product development—you are going to be leading and supporting them through their first product builds, and in some cases, their first months as part of the Devour team.
- – Work with our Expansion Director to continually develop and refine the expansion strategy—we are a growing company, and such our systems and processes grow with us.
- Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- – You’re organized and undaunted by lots of different tasks and projects going on at once.
- – You work well under pressure and can solve problems quickly—when a tour is about to launch some serious hustle is required!
- – You have leadership experience, or are excited to develop as a leader—you will be leading our Operations Managers through the very important launch of their cities.
- – Ideally you will have experience in the tours and activities sector, specifically in a product-related role.
- – You are based in Europe and you’re happy to work remotely—we are a largely remote team, and this position is open to applicants across Europe.
- – You’ll be able to follow a flexible working schedule and can take responsibility for managing your own working hours—this won’t always be a 9-5 desk job. At times you may be required to work on evenings and weekends, and you definitely aren’t daunted by the hustle required when you are travelling for work.
- – You are willing and able to travel for 6-8 weeks per year, including some weekends.
- – You have a flexible way of working and are adaptable by nature—will need to have a flexible approach to work around the time of launches and certain projects, but also be happy to work independently in a “desk-based” job the remainder of the time.
- What we offer:
- – A professionally challenging and rewarding opportunity in a dynamic start-up environment where culture and people come first.
- – A competitive salary along with bonuses—as your role grows, you have the opportunity to grow both professionally and financially.
- – An annual education bonus which can be used towards your professional development—our team are a curious bunch, and we want to feed that curiosity!
- – A once per year get together with the whole team—the annual Devour Summit—where we meet in one of our cities for a few days of learning, team building, and most importantly, fun.
- – The opportunity to get to know and learn from your peers—we hold a mini weekly training session where employees get involved and share their skills, whether it be SEO hacks or how to bake the perfect cake, and encourage cross-departmental communication regardless of your location or job title.
- – We didn’t forget about free tours! We offer free tours in our cities for our staff, as well as a limitless generous family and friends discount, and a free food tour per year in any destination you may travel to.
We want to know the real you, not just a list of qualifications and credentials, so the first step is to fill out our application form in full and send us a short 2-3 minute video which is to be uploaded along with your CV. The instructions for the video are in the application form.
Application form link: https://forms.gle/vhAHwz1MNdLkZBKq9.
Food Tour Guides
We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year in all of the cities that we currently operate tours in. Please head to our city-based websites for more information.
Status: We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year.
Are you a storyteller with a passion for travel & food in one of our cities (listed above)? We’d love to hear from you!
In order to get in touch, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/xFNu6WkHYQyGjhV