At At Devour Tours our mission is to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team. If you’re excited by our mission and would love to work for a leading company in the fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Our Core Values
These are the pillars that guide our actions and company culture. If you align with them, we’d love to meet you!
Be curious, keep learning: We are curious and open-minded people.
Make the right choice: We think sustainably and act responsibly.
Go above & beyond: We delight our devourers, partners and peers.
Live with passion & purpose: We live passionately and explore our dreams.
Get involved: We build communities.
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
– Lisbon Operations Manager
– Food Tour Guides
– Freelance Writers
Lisbon Operations Manager
Do you love people, food, and travel? Are you the one who organizes your trips abroad—usually around the best places to eat? If you are as passionate about food and travel as we are, then you may just be the person we are looking for.
We are an award-winning food tour company with the mission to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We have taken our mission to various cities across Spain and beyond, and now we are looking to do the same in other cities around Europe.
We have learned that the key to our success is working with fantastic people, so we are looking for the right person to join us as an Operations Manager in Lisbon. We value passion, potential and the right culture fit for our dynamic environment, so it doesn’t matter what you have studied or what your past experience is—if you read this job description and it resonates with you or it sounds like the perfect job that you didn’t even know existed, we want to hear from you!
Aside from generally being responsible for the growth and success of our tours in Lisbon, here’s some of what you’ll do:
- – Guide tours depending on company needs (the amount of tours would be more in the beginning and become fewer as the company grows).
- – Work alongside our Expansion Director to build and launch further tours in Lisbon.
- – Work alongside our Sales Director to seek out partnerships and create experiences for large groups.
- – Help out with Marketing on an as needed basis. This could be anything from making a fun Instagram story to making relationships with local businesses and getting the word out there—the possibilities are endless.
- – Be the contact person for our tour partners in your city, whether it be paying them on time or resolving issues. You will cultivate, grow and be responsible for these relationships.
- – Train, hire and motivate your guide team: as the company grows, your focus will shift from guiding tours to making your love of Lisbon and food rub off on your guide team.
- – Keep up with all the administrative tasks related to your city, whether it be accounting, helping our Customer Service team to answer clients questions about your city, or simply replying to TripAdvisor reviews, there are lots of small tasks that you will be responsible for in order to keep the ship sailing.
- Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- – You’re a Lisboeta—or a long term Lisbon resident!—and have expert knowledge of the city’s food, history and culture, and the English language (C1 minimum), as well as a high level of Portuguese (B2 minimum).
- – You’re unphased by managing groups of around 10 people on a regular basis and exerting your energy to make them just as passionate about the subject as you are.
- – You’re organized and undaunted by lots of different tasks and projects going on at once.
- – You work well under pressure and can solve problems quickly—high season in the tourism industry is no joke!
- – You’re assertive—negotiating with suppliers is an important part of the job.
- – You’re business-minded and excited by the opportunity to grow something—we are still very new in Lisbon and this is an entrepreneurial role with a focus on growth!
- – You’re excited to develop as a leader and lead a team.
- – You’re happy to work remotely from home—you will be the only staff member based in your city.
- – You’ll be able to follow a flexible working schedule and can take responsibility for managing your own working hours—this is not a 9-5 desk job.
- Bonus points if:
- – You are fluent in any other European languages.
- – You have hospitality, tourism, B2B or entrepreneurial experience.
- What we offer:
- – A professionally challenging and rewarding opportunity in a dynamic start-up environment where culture and people come first.
- – A competitive salary along with bonuses based on growth—the more the city grows, you have the opportunity to grow both professionally and financially.
- – An annual education bonus which can be used towards your professional development—our team are a curious bunch, and we want to feed that curiosity!
- – A once-per-year get together with the whole team—the annual Devour Summit—where we meet for a few days in one of our cities for learning, team building, and most importantly, fun.
- – The opportunity to get to know and learn from your peers—we hold a mini weekly training session where employees get involved and share their skills, whether it be SEO hacks or how to bake the perfect cake, and encourage cross-departmental communication regardless of your location or job title.
- – We didn’t forget about free tours! We offer free tours in our cities for our staff, as well as a limitless generous family and friends discount, and a free food tour per year in any destination you may travel to.
- How to apply:
- Please fill out our application form. Here’s the link: https://forms.gle/qnB8w5pBbm56QUT26. We look forward to hearing from you!
Food Tour Guides
We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year in all of the cities that we currently operate tours in. Please head to our city-based websites for more information.
Status: We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year.
Are you a storyteller with a passion for travel & food in one of our cities (listed above)? We’d love to hear from you!
In order to get in touch, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/xFNu6WkHYQyGjhV