Our Pledge to Health & Safety
Our Priorities: Guests, Guides, & Partners
As travelers ourselves we know that things feel a little different right now. We understand your concerns and want to explain how we’re addressing health, safely and trip flexibility for our guests, guides and tour partners.
As of spring 2021, we are officially open for business and operating our walking food tours.
We have created health and safety guidelines in accordance with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework. Your safety is our biggest concern and we want to make sure you can enjoy the wonderful food and hospitality of our cities in a healthy and comfortable way.
For Our Guests
- 100% Refund Policy: We believe that honoring your wishes when it comes to cancellation is the right thing to do. All tours can be cancelled for a 100% refund up to 24 hours before your tour starts. No questions asked.
- Flexible Changes: If you don’t want to cancel, but would prefer to change to another tour (regardless of the city), we will change your booking up to 24 hours before your tour start time. Again, no questions asked.
- Smaller Groups on Tours: As always, our groups remain small so you can enjoy your tour safely. And if you’d prefer a private tour for you and your group, just get in touch.
- Symptom Free: We require that all guests be free of Coronavirus symptoms. Guests exhibiting symptoms of illness, specifically fever, cough, or shortness of breath, may not join the tour.
- Masks are Mandatory: In accordance with local regulations, all guests are required to bring a facial covering to cover their nose and mouth throughout the tour when mandated by law.
- Social Distancing Measures: In accordance with local regulations we will maintain social distance whenever possible while on tour, and our reserved spaces at our partners’ restaurant locations will adhere to distance requirements.
- Frequent Hand Washing and Sanitation: Your guide and our tour partners will have hand sanitizer and hand-washing facilities available.
- Individual Servings: We’ve adjusted our tastings where necessary to make sure everyone has their own individual serving.
- Paperless Tours: This was the perfect moment to go fully paperless on tour. Any materials will be sent to you digitally for easy use
For Our Guides
- Symptom Free: Guides must take their temperature prior to a tour. Guides and all staff must immediately report to management if they’re feeling ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. If temperatures are greater than 100.4 F (38ºC) – they will not be allowed to work.
- Masks are Mandatory: All staff must bring a face mask and wear it whenever necessary during the tour to comply with local laws.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitation: Guides will bring hand sanitizer to have available throughout the tour. They’ll also have sanitizing wipes to wipe down any surfaces.
- Fully Empowered: The safety of our guides is paramount, and guides will have full discretion to make tour changes that enhance the safety and security of guides, guests and tour partners. They will also have the right to refuse service to anyone not complying with safety protocols.
For Our Tour Partners
- Compliance with all Local Regulations: Our tasting partners take local regulations seriously. They are wearing masks, adhering to social distancing practices, and disinfecting all surfaces frequently.
- Frequent Sanitization: Before and after our tours, vendor staff will disinfect risk areas such as table tops, bars, restroom door knobs, faucets and toilets.
- Individual Servings and Cutlery: Even where it is not the custom, all food tour tastings will be separated and individual to minimize contact. There will be no sharing of utensils or dishes.
- Clean Facilities: We only visit restaurants and shops that are adhering to official safety standards and regulations and, where applicable, have been certified as such.
- Symptom Free: In turn, we pledge to our tour partners that we will arrive with small groups of symptom free guests.