Cook Pasta Like a Roman with Abbie
Pour yourself a glass of vino and get ready to learn about all things pasta! Rome local Abbie will reveal the traditions behind Italy’s favorite food group and how to cook two authentic Roman pasta sauces.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Rome and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Abbie as she shares her passion for Roman cuisine.
- Learn how to create two different styles of traditional Roman pasta, sure to impress at any dinner party.
- Discover the ins and outs of Roman cuisine: what it is and what it isn’t, and how it differs from your existing ideas of Italian food.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way – and bring your pasta-loving kids!
- Receive the recipes of the dishes made, as well as a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook, so you can continue to ‘wow’ friends and family with your new-found cooking skills.
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
Abbie was our host in Rome for a fantastic tour! Fun, delicious and what a delight. Can’t wait to return to Rome again.
My second virtual experience with Devour. Great fun and full of interesting info. from Abigail, our very engaging ‘tour guide’. Superb.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
If you’re like most people, you probably love pasta. But how much do you really know about it? In this 1 to 1.5-hour interactive cooking class, Abbie will teach you everything she’s learned from her Roman mother-in-law about the four traditional Roman pastas and the history of pasta in Italy. You’ll learn why spaghetti and meatballs are a big no-no for Italians and other insider tricks about the country’s favorite food group while making two authentic pasta sauces to enjoy at home.
Using only a few easy-to-find ingredients, you’ll recreate two Roman classics: tomato-based amatriciana and decadent carbonara. Here is the list of groceries to buy and the recipes to review beforehand so you can cook along with the chef. You’ll have time to ask any questions you might have about Italian cuisine, pasta and your dishes during the class.
And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can create even more delicious dishes at home!
About Our Expert Guides
After falling in love with the city (and a native Romano), Abbie moved to Rome and got a crash course in the Italian language, food and culture while living with her fiancé’s family, exploring the heart of Rome and doing plenty of research for her Rome based food and travel blog where she shares stories about her true passion in life – the Rome food, culture, and people.Meet them here!