The Spanish Paella Experience with Arantxa
Madrid local Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and passionate home cook, shows you the secrets to cooking Spain’s iconic rice dish.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Madrid and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef who is passionate about Spain’s local cuisine.
- Learn how to cook paella and the secrets behind its prized ingredients, including the most expensive spice in the world.
- Learn the do’s and don’ts in the world of paella so you can cook better at home (or eat better on your next trip to Spain!)
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Arantxa at home—plus a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can continue to wow friends and family with your newfound cooking skills.
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
Devour tours are almost as good on-line as they are in person. We learned to prepare a delicious seafood paella and cooked along with Arantxa with our pre-purchased ingredients and prep work (which was sent when we booked, and was clear and easy to understand). The connection was flawless along with her explanation and history of paella and the demonstration. The classes are booked as small groups, so there is ample opportunity for questions and interaction. We’re booking more classes. At only 20 euro per “screen” it is an excellent value for an hour-long fun and informative class, and a good alternative until we can book one in person again!
Excellent online experience learning how to make paella with a professional chef. Platform was easy to follow and it was fun!
Loved the Spanish paella with Aranxta! Family was raving about how tasty it was!!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Spain’s most famous rice dish needs no introduction, but not everyone knows the secrets of making it in the traditional Spanish way. Join Arantxa, a Madrid local who is passionate about all things Spanish cooking and cuisine, and learn how to make Spain’s most iconic dish in the comfort of your own home. This is a sure crowd-pleaser that both kids and adults alike will love!
But learning how to make paella with a professional chef is just part of your Spanish cooking journey. You’ll also discover how to use paprika the Spanish way, hear the stories behind the world’s most expensive spice and why it makes your paella special, and learn exactly what kind of rice to use in your paella to ensure that it turns out perfectly cooked.
Here is the shopping list and the paella recipe so that you can cook along with Arantxa if you wish. And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive a special discount for our Recipes From the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can create even more delicious dishes at home!
About Our Expert Guides
Born & raised in Madrid, Arantxa is a professional chef trained at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She loves exploring the markets of Madrid, and cooking delicious meals. An experienced cooking school teacher, her recipes have traveled the world thanks to her students from all over the globe!Meet them here!