Italian Wine 101: Learn How To Buy, Pair and Enjoy Italian Wines
Join Rome local Marta for a crash course in everything you need to know about Italian wine. From pairing tips, to how to read a label and what to look for when buying Italian wine at home, you’ll never be lost when choosing Italian wine again!
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Rome and spend an hour with Marta, a well-traveled Italian native truly passionate about food and wine—she has worked as a chef, sommelier and food tour guide!
- Learn how to decode Italian wine labels and drink better whether purchasing in Italy or your local wine store.
- Discover how to best pair Italian wine with your favorite comfort foods, from lasagna to tacos!
- Spend an evening at home in a unique and entertaining way—you can even invite your friends and turn it into a social occasion!
- Receive a a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook, so you can continue to ‘wow’ friends and family with your new-found cooking skills.
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
Marta’s Italian Wine 101 Virtual Session was the best Devour online experience yet. Her presentation was succinct, very informative and highly entertaining. The session was also highly interactive and adaptive to the participants, which added to our learning and enjoyment. Whether you are a wine and food connoisseur or a newbie, Marta will engage you! We hope to meet Marta in person, in Rome, in the future.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
You don’t need to be a wine expert to want to drink better. And with Italy being the world’s largest producer of wine, it’s no wonder that you want to understand exactly what you are drinking, whether you’re enjoying a bottle of vino in Italy or on your couch at home! Join Rome local Marta, a certified sommelier and passionate foodie who has spent her life traveling and discovering new cultures through food and wine, for an hour-long deep dive into the fascinating and delicious world of Italian wine.
Learn about the regional differences when it comes to Italian wine as you discover which ones you love best and how to pair them perfectly with food. Discover what to look for when choosing a bottle, and how to decode Italian wine labels. After spending an hour with Marta, you’ll be able to walk into a wine shop and know exactly which Italian wine to pick out, no matter where you are in the world.
And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can create even more delicious dishes at home!