Pintxo Cooking Class Holiday Special: Learn the Secrets of Basque Cuisine with Claudia
Join Claudia from her home in San Sebastian and discover what the Basque Country’s answers to tapas, called pintxos, are all about, and why they’re so important to locals. And of course, you’ll also learn how to make three delicious ones, such as chorizo cooked in cider and cheese croquetas – recipes from our upcoming holiday feast cookbook to be released in November.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to San Sebastian and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Claudia, a born-and-bred San Sebastian local who is passionate about her region’s food and culture.
- Learn how to create three iconic Basque pintxos such as cheese croquettes and chorizo a la sidra from our soon to be released cookbook, learning the secrets behind them from a local chef.
- Get an insight into local life, culture and customs in the Basque Country considered to be one of Spain’s foodie hotspots.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Claudia at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Holiday Bundle a selection of three Spanish foodie experiences with a holiday and festive twist, between November 1 to January 2, plus a FREE €25 gift voucher valid for any of our tours.
Watch Tour Video
Claudia did a wonderful job teaching how to make pinxtos from her home in San Sebastian. Her professional training in foods science and love for local foods and drink pairing was evident and made for a fun experience online. Of course she made it look easy. In one hour she made 3 dishes including burnt cheesecake from La Viña restaurant in San Sebastian. It has been fun joining friends and family in other cities across the state and the world to share in love of food while learning online.
Claudia’s online pintxos cooking class from San Sebastian was very fun and I learned a lot about Basque pintxos. I would highly recommend this tour.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
As Anthony Bourdain once stated, “There is no better place to eat in Europe than the city of San Sebastian”. And with the most Michelin star restaurants per capita and an extraordinary amount of pintxo bars crammed in the city center, we’d have to agree. It’s no wonder that San Sebastian has become known not just as Spain’s culinary capital, but one of the foodie hotspots of the world.
And who better to share with you the secrets to the exquisite Basque cuisine than Claudia, born and raised in San Sebastian and a master’s student at the prestigious Basque Culinary Center. With our upcoming holiday feasts cookbook, to be launched mid-November, Claudia will be cooking recipes inspired by the book. Learn the difference between pintxos and tapas, learn to cook three delicious iconic Basque pintxos, such as delicious cheese croquetas and chorizo cooked in cider, and go away with a better understanding of what makes the food and culture from the northeastern corner of Spain so special.
About Our Expert Guides
Basque and French, Claudia was born and raised in San Sebastian surrounded by a family that love food, cooking and sharing meals. When she was just 19 years old, she cooked at Sublimotion Ibiza, the most expensive restaurant in the world. She’s currently studying Gastronomic Sciences and Culinary Arts at the prestigious Basque Culinary Center.Meet them here!