Pintxo Cooking Class: Learn the Secrets of Basque Cuisine with Claudia
Join Claudia from her home in San Sebastian and discover what the Basque Country’s answers to tapas, called pintxos, are all about, and why they’re so important to locals. And of course, you’ll also learn how to make three delicious ones, transporting Spain’s culinary capital right to the comfort of your own home!
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to San Sebastian and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Claudia, a born-and-bred San Sebastian local who is passionate about her region’s food and culture.
- Learn how to create three iconic Basque pintxos, learning the secrets behind them from a local chef.
- Get an insight into local life, culture and customs in the Basque Country considered to be one of Spain’s foodie hotspots.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipes for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Claudia at home—plus a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook, so you can continue to ‘wow’ friends and family with your new-found cooking skills.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
As Anthony Bourdain once stated, “There is no better place to eat in Europe than the city of San Sebastian”. And with the most Michelin star restaurants per capita and an extraordinary amount of pintxo bars crammed in the city center, we’d have to agree. It’s no wonder that San Sebastian has become known not just as Spain’s culinary capital, but one of the foodie hotspots of the world.
And who better to share with you the secrets to the exquisite Basque cuisine than Claudia, born and raised in San Sebastian and a master’s student at the prestigious Basque Culinary Center. Learn the difference between pintxos and tapas, learn to cook three delicious iconic Basque pintxos, and go away with a better understanding of what makes the food and culture from the northeastern corner of Spain so special.
We’ll send you a shopping list and the recipes beforehand so that you can cook along with Claudia if you wish. And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can create even more delicious dishes at home!
Here is what Claudia will be cooking on the following dates:
Sunday May 31: A ‘Gilda’ which was the first pintxo ever invented, a ‘Chorrera’ stuffed with meat, mushrooms, peppers and bechamel, and to finish off, the famous Burnt Basque Cheesecake.
Friday June 5: Menu coming soon.
Sunday June 15: Menu coming soon.
Sunday June 21: A ‘Gilda’ which was the first pintxo ever invented, a ‘Chorrera’ stuffed with meat, mushrooms, peppers and bechamel, and to finish off, the famous Burnt Basque Cheesecake.
Thursday June 25: Menu coming soon.
About Our Expert Guides
Basque and French, Claudia was born and raised in San Sebastian surrounded by a family that love food, cooking and sharing meals. When she was just 19 years old, she cooked at Sublimotion Ibiza, the most expensive restaurant in the world. She’s currently studying Gastronomic Sciences and Culinary Arts at the prestigious Basque Culinary Center.Meet them here!