Discover England’s History Through 10 Dishes with Shabby
Join Londoner Shabby as she busts culinary myths, dives deep into over 2000 years of history, and meets a few iconic English figures along the way.
NOTICE:Please note that the times listed for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to London and spend one hour with a born-and-bred Londoner who is passionate about culinary history.
- Learn about how the history of England shaped the country to present day, told through the lens of 10 iconic dishes.
- Hear the stories of royalty and peasants, palaces and slums, empires and invasions and more.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way – or the perfect solution to a fun history lesson while homeschooling your kids!
- Receive recipes of some of the dishes that tell the stories so that you can create them yourself, as well as a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook.
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
What to Expect
Please note that the times listed for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
The misconception that English food is an insult to the more advanced palate is one that has been thrown around for many years. But think about it: this is a country with multicultural London as its capital. And throughout its history, it’s seen centuries of international trade, an empire, a religious revolution, 61 monarchs, and countless invasions by iconic civilizations from the Romans to the Vikings. Simply put, this island nation has been one of the centers of world history for far too long for the misconceptions about its food to be true. And what better way to discover this turbulent history than through 10 iconic and delicious English dishes?
Shabby, a born-and-bred Londoner, will bring you through 2000 years of history—from the royalty and their palaces to the peasants and their slums, along with all the empires and invasions that happened along the way. In short: this isn’t your average English food and history lesson. And if just hearing about the food isn’t enough, after the experience we’ll send you some of the recipes for the dishes that tell the stories so that you can create them yourself at home!
And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive an exclusive VIP discount for our Recipes From the Devour Tours Kitchen cookbook so you can create even more delicious dishes at home!
About Our Expert Guides
Shabby is an experienced tour leader who has been lucky enough to introduce people to cuisines in 38 different European countries, London guide and punk rock musician. She has a great passion for all foods of the world, particularly if they involve offal! A born and bred Londoner, she plans to smash the reputation that the cuisine of London aka The Big Smoke is bland and uninteresting, one glass of award-winning sparkling wine and spoonful of spicy curry at a time.Meet them here!