At Devour Tours our mission is to give curious visitors to Spain a true taste of this country’s culture, history and – importantly – food! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission, passionate about sharing your knowledge for Spain and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
Please scroll down to see all positions available.
Devour Madrid City Assistant
Now accepting applications for an early June start date.
Love Madrid? Love travel, tourism, food and wine? Love supporting small businesses when you shop or dine? We are searching for a travel professional to join our growing team. The City Assistant is a multifaceted entry level role based in the center of Madrid. You’ll be responsible for the behind-the-scenes administrative tasks that make our tours and experiences award-winning. You will complete detailed tasks (such as updating excels, calling vendors, and scheduling tours) that ensure Madrid’s operations run smoothly. Additionally, you will create content (blog and social media) for Devour Madrid and other Devour Tours cities. Suitable candidates may additionally give tours or wine tastings, though these are not strict requirements for the role.
This role reports to the Devour Madrid City Manager.
Salary (Gross/Bruto per year): €17,000-€19,000
About Devour Madrid
Devour Madrid is part of the award-winning Spanish tour operator, Devour Tours. With a strong presence in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Malaga, Granada, San Sebastian and Galicia, Devour Tours shares the very best Spanish food with guests from around the world, while giving them valuable insight into Spain’s rich culture and history.
We are growing quickly and need a highly professional, passionate and motivated person to join our team in this support role. Our approach is highly customer-focused, we demand excellence of ourselves and our mission is to provide unforgettable experiences for our guests. Our tours have been featured in the Sunday Times, The Guardian, CNN, NPR, Washington Post and we have received a TripAdvisor Award of Excellence for the past five years running.
Please read the job description below and if you think you’re the person we’re looking for, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What we offer:
A full-time contract based in Madrid. The role is temporary to start (6 months) but could turn into a long-term position if company growth goals are met. Competitive pay and benefits along with the opportunity to join a fast-growing, industry-leading company and develop your career in one of Spain’s most exciting sectors. Staff receive friends and family discounts on tours as well as continuous training about Spanish food and drink while working for us.
• is legally allowed to work in Spain
• has lived in Madrid for at least two years and knows its culture, history and food scene inside out
• is a fluent English speaker, with a proficient level of Spanish
• is highly organized and extremely detail-oriented and able to complete tasks successfully and efficiently
• has experience with Google docs and Google Sheets or Excel
• doesn’t wait to be told what to do, but uses initiative to do what needs doing and takes personal responsibility for solving problems and producing results
• is passionate about creating and refining systems so repetitive tasks are completed efficiently
• is able to manage simultaneous projects – providing timelines and hitting those deadlines
• is tech-savvy and adept at using multiple email accounts, social media accounts, Google calendars, our online booking system
• listens to feedback and acts on it
• is excited about coming up with ideas that can add to growth for the company
• training/experience in the tourism industry is ideal
• loves people and has a warm, energetic personality and an ability to connect with others – whether clients if guiding or the vendors we work with
• is extremely articulate, a great public speaker, storyteller, and communicator, whether verbal or written
The successful candidate will also have:
• your finger on the pulse of food and tourism in Madrid and surroundings and be interested in growing your knowledge of the local history and local gastronomic/cultural scene so as to be better able to evaluate tours and create useful content.
• passion and excitement for the tourism industry and Devour Tours’ mission
• meticulous grammar and experience creating and editing content (experience with WordPress a plus)
• exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adapt the style, tone, and voice of various types of content
• excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• strong computer skills, experience using a range of diverse programs, and the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new tools
• Knowledge of SEO a plus
• a dual-minded approach: Highly creative and an excellent writer but also able to be task-driven and extremely detail oriented
• A dedication to self-education (i.e. someone who is constantly learning, reading, and staying current with trends across a range of subjects)
• Personal travel experience within Spain
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] In the subject line include your first and last names and the words “Devour Madrid City Assistant Application”.
In the email, you must include:
• A brief statement (approximately a paragraph) about why you think you’d make a great City Assistant with Devour Madrid.
• State any previous employment experience, studies or credentials that you think would be relevant to your application.
• State how long you have lived in Madrid
• State your level of English and Spanish
• Attached a recent photo in jpeg format (and a link to a video of you if one exists online)
• Attach your CV in English in either .doc or .pdf format and be sure that it includes contact information for previous employers (so we can contact them for references)
Only complete applications will be considered. We will contact suitable candidates by email to set up an interview. Many thanks for your interest in working with Devour Madrid.
Freelance Content Writer (remote)
– Has lived or spent a significant time in at least one of the following places: Galicia, Granada, Valencia, or San Sebastian.
– Has strong writing skills
– Is knowledgeable about Spanish culture and food
– Understands importance of fact checking
– Knows how to meet deadlines—no excuses here
For any questions regarding the position, please email [email protected]!