The Spanish Tapas Experience Vegetarian Special: Make Tapas & Sangria with Enrique
ADDITIONAL DATE: 17 JANUARY. Join Barcelona local Enrique as he shows you how to create three delicious vegetarian Spanish tapas, perfect for those healthy New Year’s resolutions: spinach and chickpea stew, Catalan mel i mató (fresh cheese and honey– you’ll even make the cheese!) and romesco sauce.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Barcelona and spend 1.5 hours with Enrique, a Spaniard/Italian who is passionate about all things food and wine.
- Learn how to cook three delicious vegetarian tapas, spinach and chickpea stew, Catalan mel i mató (fresh cheese and honey– you’ll even make the cheese!) and romesco sauce.
- Hear the stories behind the ingredients and dishes to help you understand Spain’s rich cuisine even better.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Enrique at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Vegetarian Bundle two delicious Spanish foodie experiences in January with a vegetarian twist, plus a FREE copy of our Spanish Feasts From The Devour Tours Kitchen cookbook, valued at €19.
Watch Tour Video
We thoroughly enjoyed the live webinar experience with Enrique, on preparing Sangria and Tapas! We laughed, we learned, and we are excited to make the recipes. It was really fun to see the variety of individuals and families participating, some were actually cooking along with host, whiles others like us were enjoying a glass of wine and taking notes – all from the comfort of our homes. A year ago we thoroughly enjoyed a live Devour Tour in Sevilla, and so I’m incredibly impressed that Devour has been able to recreate the fun and learning and magic of the tour experience, including the small group interaction and also the fantastically knowledgeable passionate local hosts. We are already looking at the schedule to book the next one! Highly recommend. A great way to “escape” your living room and have a taste another country/culture during this unforeseen time. Cheers to Devour!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Tapas are a cornerstone of Spanish food culture, and now you can bring them to the comfort of your own home– this time with a vegetarian twist, perfect for those healthy New Year’s Resolutions! In this online cooking class Barcelona local Enrique will guide you through the tips and tricks of making some of our favorite Spanish vegetarian tapas, so you can keep learning about Spanish cuisine no matter where you are in the world.
On the menu is espinacas con garbanzos (spinach and chickpea stew), mel i mató (Catalan fresh cheese with honey– Enrique will even show you how to make the cheese!) and salsa de romesco (a typical Catalan sauce which is the perfect accompaniment to eat with many things, or simply just on bread). All of the recipes are delicious, simple and fun to make using easily sourced ingredients, and are sure to be a hit with everyone from kids to the guests at your next dinner party.
And of course, you’ll also learn how to make sangria—the perfect accompaniment! Not only will you learn how to cook all these delicious dishes from scratch, but you’ll also learn about the history, legends and fun facts behind each wonderful recipe, making you feel like you were really here with us in Spain.
About Our Expert Guides
Enrique is a half-Italian, half-Spanish art historian with a Catalan family. He was raised in the kitchens of his two grandmothers and his passions are food (Italian and Spanish!), wine and art. When he is not out on tour in Barcelona or giving cooking classes from his home kitchen, he goes fishing off the Barcelona coast so he can enjoy the freshest fish and seafood you can imagine.Meet them here!