Cook a Traditional Portuguese Dish with Sara
Join Sara from her home in Lisbon to learn how to make the ultimate Portuguese comfort food, bacalhau à Brás, and get a glimpse into local life in Portugal.
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST time (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Lisbon and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Sara, a born-and-bred Portuguese local who is truly passionate about her country’s food and traditions.
- Learn how to cook a traditional Portuguese recipe and the secrets< of buying and preparing salt cod like a local.
- Get an insight into local life, culture and customs in Portugal from a local who grew up in a food-loving family, working in the restaurant business.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Sara at home—plus a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook, so you can continue to ‘wow’ friends and family with your new-found cooking skills.
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
In a nutshell, a Devour tour like this and a guide like Sara make you understand easily why food tours are hip and the best way to explore a new city! Obrigado!!
Sara was our tour guide and she did a wonderful job! Tours like this are totally dependent on how good your tour guide is and she was great. I enjoyed the way she took time to speak about her personal experiences snd make local recommendations
If only I could bottle up the energy and passion that our guide, Sara P had for her country, for her job and for culture and history. Definitely one of the best tours, hands down,we have ever done. Sara clearly loved what she is doing, and made the tour fun, super informative and left us with a huge appreciation for the city.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST time (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
It’s fair to say that we Portuguese live for food. For centuries, we’ve been discovering the world, conquering and learning about cultures, and of course, food and wine. Today, the local cuisine is rich with influences from those journeys, and many important traditions are centered around local gastronomy.
But one of the most prized culinary possessions in Portugal is salt cod, or in Portuguese, bacalhau. Join Portugal native Sara as she shows you how to make Portugal’s favorite comfort food, bacalhau à Brás, a delicious dish of salt cod, potatoes, onion and egg. It’s a total crowd-pleaser, known for appealing to young and old alike. And don’t worry if you can’t find salt cod in your area – in the recipe we will send you ideas for other alternatives, all Portuguese-approved!
We’ll send you a shopping list and the recipe beforehand so that you can cook along with Sara if you wish. And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can create even more delicious dishes at home!