The Spanish Tapas Experience: Make Tapas & Sangria
Join our local chefs as they show you how to create sangria along with three of Spain’s iconic tapas– you’ll design your own menu!
- Virtually travel to Spain and spend 1.5 hours with a local chef, who is passionate about all things food and wine.
- Design your own menu of 3 tapas dishes that you will learn how to cook (see below under “What to expect” for options)
- Enjoy your homemade sangria—they’ll teach you how to make this, too!—as you perfect your culinary skills in the comfort of your own home.
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipes for the tapas beforehand so you can cook along at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is private and exclusive for you and your family, friends or team. Please contact us for pricing and information.
Watch Tour Video
We thoroughly enjoyed the live webinar experience with Enrique, on preparing Sangria and Tapas! We laughed, we learned, and we are excited to make the recipes. It was really fun to see the variety of individuals and families participating, some were actually cooking along with host, whiles others like us were enjoying a glass of wine and taking notes – all from the comfort of our homes. A year ago we thoroughly enjoyed a live Devour Tour in Sevilla, and so I’m incredibly impressed that Devour has been able to recreate the fun and learning and magic of the tour experience, including the small group interaction and also the fantastically knowledgeable passionate local hosts. We are already looking at the schedule to book the next one! Highly recommend. A great way to “escape” your living room and have a taste another country/culture during this unforeseen time. Cheers to Devour!
Devour Tours provided an informative, enjoyable on-line cooking class. The presenter (Enrique) was extremely knowledgeable, engaging and entertaining! Besides demonstrating the preparation of 3 dishes and sangria, he provided information about the history of these items, and how they fit into Spanish culture. The session was very well organized, and we had the opportunity to submit questions which were promptly answered. I thoroughly enjoyed this class, it was completely worth the cost, and look forward to attending future sessions with Devour Tours!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Tapas are a cornerstone of Spanish food culture, and now you can bring them to the comfort of your own home! Join our local chefs as they guide you through the tips and tricks of making perfect Spanish tapas, no matter where you are in the world.
You’ll cook three different tapas from our list of traditional tapas, all of which are delicious, simple and fun to make, such as pan con tomate (Barcelona’s most popular tapa!) tortilla de patatas (Spanish potato omelet), gazpacho (cold tomato soup) and espinacas con garbanzos (spinach and chickpea stew). They all use easily sourced ingredients and are sure to be a hit with everyone from kids to the guests at your next dinner party. And of course, you’ll also learn how to make sangria—the perfect accompaniment!
Not only will you learn how to cook three delicious dishes from scratch, but you’ll also learn about the history, legends and fun facts behind each wonderful recipe, making you feel like you were really here with us in Spain.
Choose three tapas from the following selection:
– Gazpacho (Cool, refreshing tomato soup)
– Tortilla de patatas (Spanish omlette)
– Pan con tomate (Tomato bread– Barcelona’s most popular tapa!)
– Patatas Bravas (Potatoes with homemade spicy sauce)
– Gambas al ajillo (Spicy garlic shrimp)
– Espinacas con garbanzos (Spinach and chickpea stew)