The Spanish Desserts Special with Arantxa
Madrid local Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and passionate home cook, who will show you the secrets to cooking a traditional Spanish dessert. Choose from torrijas on February 20 or tarta de Santiago on February 27.
NOTICE:This experience is available as a private experience exclusive for your group. Get in touch for pricing!
- Virtually travel to Madrid and spend 1 hours with Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef who is passionate about Spain’s local cuisine.
- Learn how to cook, torrijas(Spanish-style French toast) in three different flavors, wine, milk with honey, and milk with sugar and learn about why this is one of Spain’s favorite desserts during the Holy Week (20 February).
- Learn how to cook a Tarta de Santiago(Spanish Almond Cake)– from Spain’s northern Galicia region, and learn about its history dating back to the Middle Ages, and it’s connection to Spain’s famous Camino de Santiago (27 February).
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Arantxa at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Bundle two delicious Spanish foodie experiences in February, plus a FREE gift valued at €19.
Watch Tour Video
Devour tours are almost as good on-line as they are in person. We learned to prepare a delicious seafood paella and cooked along with Arantxa with our pre-purchased ingredients and prep work (which was sent when we booked, and was clear and easy to understand). The connection was flawless along with her explanation and history of paella and the demonstration. The classes are booked as small groups, so there is ample opportunity for questions and interaction. We’re booking more classes. At only 20 euro per “screen” it is an excellent value for an hour-long fun and informative class, and a good alternative until we can book one in person again!
Excellent online experience learning how to make paella with a professional chef. Platform was easy to follow and it was fun!
Loved the Spanish paella with Aranxta! Family was raving about how tasty it was!!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
You’ve cooked tapas, you’ve cooked pintxos, you’ve cooked paella, but there’s something that’s been missing this whole time– Spain’s favorite desserts! During February we will be celebrating everything sweet with two special Spanish dessert cooking classes hosted by Arantxa, a Madrid local who is passionate about all things Spanish cooking and cuisine.
On the 20th of February she’ll be letting you in on how to make one of Spain’s favorite Easter time sweet treat, torrijas, showing you how to make three different types– with milk and sugar, with milk and honey, and with wine. Then on the 27th of February you’ll learn how to make a Tarta de Santiago, Spain’s delicious almond cake hailing from the north-east region of Galicia, following the official recipe as approved by the Spanish Government. And as well as learning how to make the desserts you’ll discover the history, stories, and culture that go along with these Spanish classics and get a glimpse into life in Madrid live from a local’s kitchen.
About Our Expert Guides
Born & raised in Madrid, Arantxa is a professional chef trained at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She loves exploring the markets of Madrid, and cooking delicious meals. An experienced cooking school teacher, her recipes have traveled the world thanks to her students from all over the globe!Meet them here!