The Vermouth Experience: Make Vermouth With Luke
Join Luke, an artisanal vermouth producer and Barcelona local, to discover how to elaborate your home-brewed, Spanish-style sweet vermouth—previous brewing experience not required!
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Barcelona and spend one hour with Luke, an artisan vermouth producer, learning how to make your own homemade vermouth (and how to drink it the Spanish way, too!)
- Learn why we were drinking vermouth since ancient Greek and Roman times, the surprising health benefits it holds, and how it fits into Spain’s gastronomic culture.
- Learn which dishes make the perfect pairing to do a traditional Spanish vermuteo the way the locals do.
- Spend an evening at home in a unique and entertaining way—you could invite your friends and turn it into a social occasion!
- Receive the recipe before so you can make your vermouth along with Luke if you wish —plus a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook.
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CEST (Central European Summer Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
If you’ve traveled to Barcelona, you’ve probably partaken in the quintessential Catalan tradition of the vermuteo—drinking vermouth!—and wanted to do the same at home. And now, in this 1-hour master class with a passionate home vermouth maker, you can!
Join Barcelona local and artisan vermouth maker Luke as he shares the secrets to successfully making your own homemade vermouth, a surefire way to impress next time you invite your friends around for a drink or two. Aside from demonstrating the steps to elaborate your own Spanish style vermouth at home, he’ll also share with you everything you need to know about vermouth and the culture surrounding it. Discover the surprising health benefits, fascinating history and ins and outs of doing this delicious drink like a local!
Here is the shopping list and the recipe so that you can make your own vermouth along with Luke if you wish. And of course, like all of our online experiences, you will receive a special discount for our Recipes from the Devour Tours Kitchen digital cookbook so you can create delicious Spanish dishes (and more!) at home!
About Our Expert Guides
Leading tours in Barcelona since 2011, Luke knows the city inside and out. His insatiable thirst for knowledge in art and culture is matched only by his hunger to explore the world of gastronomy and wine – he even makes his own artisan vermouth! He is probably the only South African who can speak Catalan—that’s why you’ll always see him right upfront singing the FC Barcelona hymn at game time!Meet them here!