Make A Spanish-Style Gin with Luke
Join Luke, a drinks enthusiast and Barcelona local, to learn all about Spain’s favorite copa, gin and tonic, and discover how to elaborate your own homemade Spanish style gin—distilling skills and equipment not required!
NOTICE:This experience is available as a private experience exclusive for your group. Get in touch for pricing and availability!
- Virtually travel to Barcelona and spend one hour with Luke, a passionate home brewer and lover of Spanish food, drink and culture.
- Learn the history and culture behind Spain’s favorite post-meal drink and a quick and easy process to create your own Spanish-style gin at home!
- If you combine this with Luke’s dry vermouth making class on June 26 you’ll have all the ingredients to make your own homemade Martini cocktail!
- Spend an evening at home in a unique and entertaining way—you could invite your friends and turn it into a social occasion!
- This experience is private and exclusive for you and your family, friends or team. Please contact us for pricing and information.
Watch Tour Video
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
On a weekend afternoon in any given town or city in Spain, the local streets and squares come alive with people heading to the bars after their long, lazy lunches to partake in a surprising Spanish tradition: gin and tonic. While people don’t instantly think of gin and tonic being a Spanish thing, this drink has been a favorite for post-lunch drinks in Spanish for longer than you might think, with the oldest Spanish gin dating back to the late 18th century!
Join Barcelona local Luke as divulges the secrets behind this fascinating drink. You’ll learn the history and culture of gin in Spain, discover how it fits into Spanish culture today, and of course, take in all of Luke’s tips and tricks to make your own Spanish-style gin at home! It needs to macerate for about 48 hours, but you can start the process with him if you like.
If you combine this with Luke’s dry vermouth making class on June 26 you’ll have all the ingredients to make your own 100% homemade Martini cocktail! And if you do decide to join both classes, you can purchase them as part of our Spanish Food Lover Bundle.
About Our Expert Guides
Leading tours in Barcelona since 2011, Luke knows the city inside and out. His insatiable thirst for knowledge in art and culture is matched only by his hunger to explore the world of gastronomy and wine – he even makes his own artisan vermouth! He is probably the only South African who can speak Catalan—that’s why you’ll always see him right upfront singing the FC Barcelona hymn at game time!Meet them here!