Discover Seville’s Holy Week Traditions & Cook Espinacas con Garbanzos with Maria
Join María in Seville as she brings to life the stories and history of Spain’s Holy Week Easter celebrations, then learn to cook espinacas con garbanzos, Seville’s popular spinach and chickpea stew— a favorite of locals at this time of year!
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Seville and spend an hour with María, a born-and-bred local who is passionate about her region’s food, history and culture.
- Learn how to cook a typical Holy Week dish, a spinach and chickpea stew that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- Discover Seville’s Holy Week traditions and how Seville came to be the most important city in Spain for Holy Week celebrations.
- Get a glimpse into Seville’s history and culture through the lens of a local who has a profound knowledge in the history and traditions of her city.
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with María at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Bundle two delicious Spanish foodie experiences, plus a FREE gift valued at €19.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
The Andalusian capital is the most important city in Spain for the Holy Week celebrations and Easter here is quite unlike many cities in the world, with the entire city waiting year-round for one of their most celebrated events. When the long-awaited event is finally here, the city comes to life in a spectacular display of passion and culture as hundreds of religious processions make their way through the street, day and night, for the entire week.
Join Seville local María as she divulges the history and traditions that make up Seville’s very important Holy Week celebrations. You’ll learn about the importance of this event for locals like María, she’ll demystify the processions and their meaning and you’ll get an insider’s look into local sevillano culture. Then, you’ll learn to cook Andalusia’s delicious spinach and chickpea stew, a favorite dish for locals at this time of year. By the end of the class, you’ll be inspired to make the trip to Seville and experience the celebrations for yourself someday!
In 2022 we will be offering our special edition Holy Week tour in Seville, Sacred Seville: Insider Semana Santa Tour & Easter Tapas, created and led by María herself. Tickets are strictly limited and on sale now! Get yours here.
About Our Expert Guides
Born and raised in Seville, María has been showing guests around her city ever since completing her history degree. She has won local trivia competitions about Semana Santa on TV and is known among for friends for making the best “croquetas de puchero” in town!Meet them here!