Tastes Of The Camino: Cook Galician Empanada With Arantxa
Join passionate chef Arantxa as she shares her tales of her travels in Northern Spain, in the very areas where the Camino de Santiago passes, and teaches you how to cook an empanada, one of Galicia’s most iconic dishes.
NOTICE:This experience is available as a private experience exclusive for your group. Get in touch for pricing and availability!
- Virtually travel to Spain and spend one hour with Arantxa, a passionate chef, who will share with you the culture and cuisine of her country.
- Learn to make empanada de atún (tuna empanada), of Galicia’s most famous dishes.
- Discover Arantxa’s top tips and tricks for places to visit and foods to try when walking the Camino de Santiago or visiting Northern Spain.
- Spend an time at home in a unique and entertaining way—you can even bring your food loving kids!
- Receive the recipe beforehand so you can cook along along with Arantxa at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is private and exclusive for you and your family, friends or team. Please contact us for pricing and information.
Watch Tour Video
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
The increasingly popular Camino de Santiago runs through Northern Spain, passing by towns and villages along the way. And while the area is less traveled than other areas of Spain, it is a part of Spain where culinary history and traditions run deep. Part of what walking the Camino de Santiago is about is discovering these towns in Galicia and other regions of Northern Spain, and of course, the delicious food along the way.
Join Madrid local Arantxa, passionate about the cuisine from Northern Spain as she shares tales from her travels in the area and teaches you how to make one of Galicia’s favorite dishes, empanada de atún (tuna empanada). You’ll discover some of Arantxa’s favorite places to visit in this lesser-trodden area, take in Arantxa’s tips about what food to look our for and try when you make your own pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela along the Camino de Santiago, and learn to make one of Northern Spain’s most iconic foods.
About Our Expert Guides
Born & raised in Madrid, Arantxa is a professional chef trained at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She loves exploring the markets of Madrid, and cooking delicious meals. An experienced cooking school teacher, her recipes have traveled the world thanks to her students from all over the globe!Meet them here!