Discover Seville’s April Fair & Cook Pescaíto Frito
Join Maria in Seville and discover the magic behind her city’s most colorful celebration, the April Fair, then learn to cook pescaíto frito, Seville’s most popular feria food, fried fish!
NOTICE:Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter. All experiences are hosted through Zoom.
- Virtually travel to Seville and spend an hour with Maria, a born-and-bred local who is passionate about her region’s food, history and culture.
- Learn how to cook Seville’s favorite feria food, freshly fried fish, locally known as pescaíto frito.
- Discover what Seville’s April Fair is all about and how locals celebrate this grand occasion.
- Get a glimpse into Seville’s history and culture through the lens of a local who has a profound knowledge in the history and traditions of her city.
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Maria at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is part of The Spanish Food Lover Bundle two delicious Spanish foodie experiences, plus a FREE gift valued at €19.
Watch Tour Video
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
Just two weeks after Seville’s other most important event of the year, the Holy Week celebrations, the city gets ready to celebrate again, this time for the Feria de Abril (April Fair). This weeklong celebration is full of eating, drinking, dancing, and dressing the part. Groups of families and friends gather in their casetas (private tents) and enjoy long drawn out lunches, following by even longer nights. And while many cities and towns in Spain have a feria, there is none quite as splendorous as in Seville.
Join Seville local Maria as she divulges the history and traditions behind Seville’s most colorful celebration, the Feria de Abril, or April Fair. You’ll discover the importance of this event for locals like Maria, the stories of the events past and what goes on behind closed doors at the private casetas, and you’ll even get a crash course in how to dress for the occasion. Then, you’ll learn to cook a typical feria dish, our favorite fried fish, or pescaíto frito.
About Our Expert Guides
Born and raised in Seville, María has been showing guests around her city ever since completing her history degree. She has won local trivia competitions about Semana Santa on TV and is known among for friends for making the best “croquetas de puchero” in town!Meet them here!