Cosmopolitan, colorful and teeming with vibrant Spanish culture, Madrid is basically the perfect place to throw a party. And when it comes to bachelorette parties, you can’t get much better!
The Spanish capital is the ideal place for any bride-to-be to have one last hurrah before the big day. From world-class food and drink to nightlife unlike anywhere else in the world, a bachelorette party in Madrid will be the event everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Forget Nashville or Vegas. All in all, when it comes to bachelorette parties, Madrid has every other top destination beat.
It’s at once both exotic and approachable, providing an out-of-the-ordinary escape in a friendly and warm destination. The food scene teems with everything from classic Spanish tapas to contemporary international restaurants. And of course, don’t even get us started on the nightlife.
Ready to say si, quiero to our favorite city? Here’s everything you need to know about planning a bachelorette party in Madrid!
Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties in Spain
Bachelor and bachelorette parties in Spain are usually a surprise for the bride or groom to begin with! Organized by their friends and close family members, it’s a chance to let loose and have some fun before the big day.
You can usually spot bachelor and bachelorette groups out and about by their matching outfits or costumes. The bride herself usually gets a special getup: anything from a silly twist on a bridal gown, or a tongue-in-cheek costume like a nun or a schoolgirl.
Why to Plan a Bachelorette Party in Madrid
Still not convinced that Madrid is the place to be for your bachelorette bash? Here are just a few of the (many!) reasons why it’s the perfect setting for your pre-wedding getaway.
- It’s affordable: Compared to other European capitals, Madrid won’t put nearly as much strain on your wallet! Many top-tier accommodations are more affordable here than in similarly sized cities, and the affordable tapas culture means that eating out and bar hopping won’t necessarily burn a hole in your pocket, either. If you’re looking for a fun, happening place that won’t require you to shell out the big bucks, Madrid is the place to be.
- Unrivaled history and culture: Madrid’s iconic architecture and stunning views are the result of centuries of history that have made it into one of the most vibrant and colorful cities on the continent today. You can’t get much better in terms of incredible history and fun, eclectic local culture.
- Excellent dining and drinks: Spanish food has gained international recognition in recent years for good reason. And there’s no better place to get a taste for it than in the capital itself. From some of Spain’s tastiest tapas to sleek wine bars to elegant restaurants and more, you can’t go wrong with anything you eat here (unless it came from a tacky tourist restaurant—skip those!).
- Iconic nightlife: Spain’s party reputation is undoubtably known the world over, and Madrid is the best place to get a taste for it. Grab drinks at a stunning rooftop bar before hitting the clubs (just remember locals won’t generally arrive until well after midnight!). And after a night of hitting the dance floor, there’s nothing better than stopping for some churros and chocolate on your way home.
- It’s fun! Simply put, Madrid a fun place to get away with your favorite people. Dozens of must-see sights, world-class shopping and vibrant nightlife make the Spanish capital our top pick for an unforgettable bachelorette party. You’ll have so much fun that the next bride-to-be in your group will want to come back for her own bachelorette bash!
What to Do for a Bachelorette Party in Madrid
1. Take a Flamenco Class (& See a Show!)
Want to really blow away the guests at the wedding? Learn how to bust some passionate flamenco moves on the dance floor!
As this beautiful Spanish art form grows in popularity, many dance studios in the capital offer flamenco classes for all levels. Strap on your flamenco shoes and get ready for a fun evening of dancing and laughs with your best friends!
Once you’ve mastered the basics, watch the pros in action! It basically wouldn’t be a bachelorette party in Madrid without taking in a colorful, passionate flamenco performance. Check out some of our top picks for flamenco in Madrid, or join us on our evening Tapas & Flamenco Tour for an even more exclusive experience and a peek behind the scenes!
2. Eat Like a Local on a Food Tour
Also, speaking of food tours, why not make it a central part of your bachelorette party in Madrid? We might be biased, but we can’t think of a better way to spend a classy girls’ night out on the town!
In addition to dinner and a show on our Tapas & Flamenco Tour, you can also learn about tapas culture and drink some of Spain’s best wines on our Tapas Like a Local Tour. Another fascinating evening tour is our Tapas, Taverns & History experience, where you’ll step back in time into the glamorous Madrid of the past and learn all about the city’s rich history while you eat.
Prefer something even more bespoke? We also offer custom private hen and bachelorette party experiences—get in touch with us to learn more!
3. Pamper Yourselves at the Spa
A bachelorette party in Madrid can be fun and exciting, but sometimes you just need to chill out.
Wedding planning can be stressful, so your bride-to-be will surely appreciate the chance to kick back and relax at one of Madrid’s best spas. From champagne facials to Roman-style thermal baths to Thai/Balinese fusion massages and more, luxury and relaxation await!
Not sure where to book? A few of our favorite spots are:
- Hammam Al Ándalus for a magical Arab bath experience
- The Organic Spa, which specializes in Thai and other Asian-style treatments
- Wellness Boutique Experience for customizable massages and other relaxation rituals
4. Taste Spain’s Best Wine and Learn to Cook Spanish Food
Spain is famous for its wine, and the capital is full of amazing wine tastings to learn about the country’s favorite beverage! Your bridal party will have a blast learning all about Spain’s fascinating wine culture and learning how to tell your Riojas from your Riberas. It’s a classic addition to any bachelorette party in Madrid.
Another great idea is learning how to prepare the fantastic Spanish food you’ve come to know and love! A cooking class in Madrid will take you to the heart of this country’s incredible cuisine. Many classes are available in English upon request.
5. Indulge in a Classy Meal (Or Drinks!)
Be sure your bachelorette party in Madrid with some of the city’s most luxurious dining! Many of the best luxury hotels in Madrid offer on-site fine dining restaurants. Make your dinner reservations to start your night out on a delicious note.
You can also head to one of Madrid’s spectacular rooftop bars to enjoy drinks while taking in stunning views of the city. And the next morning, be sure to gather the girls one last time and head to brunch!
6. Shop til you Drop
Spain’s shopping scene is one of the best in the world for good reason. In Madrid, you’ll find high quality brands, often at lower prices than in English speaking countries.
Gran Vía is packed with iconic international names, but if you want to get off the tourist-beaten path, head to the ritzy Salamanca neighborhood. Another popular barrio is trendy Chueca, where you’ll see both name brands and unique bohemian finds.
Bachelorette Party in Madrid FAQs
Bachelorette party in Spanish is despedida de soltera. It literally means “goodbye to the single woman”!
Most madrileños won’t head out to the clubs until well after midnight, even if the venues themselves open before then. Once you’re there, get ready for a long night of drinking and dancing—it’s not uncommon for nights out to last until 7 a.m. or even later!
Update Notice: This post was originally published on January 16, 2018 and was updated with new text and photos on April 12, 2021.